Pilton House is situated in the pleasant village of Pilton about half a mile north of Barnstaple in the beautiful North Devon countryside, close to Exmoor and the sea. This spacious Georgian mansion has a south aspect and fine views over Barnstaple and the countryside beyond. For 200 years it was the home of families with such distinguished names as Incledon, Chichester and Bassett. In 1946 a group of local benefactors formed the Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association Ltd and by voluntary subscription raised funds to buy the house in 1948. In 2014 Pilton House Trust replaced Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association, becoming a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
Pilton House is administered by a voluntary management committee on a non – profit making basis. We aim to allow residents to lead a full life in a pleasant and companionable atmosphere.