[there is] a buzz about the house
Pilton House is situated in the pleasant village of Pilton about half a mile north of Barnstaple in the beautiful North Devon countryside, close to Exmoor and the sea. This spacious Georgian mansion has a south aspect and fine views over Barnstaple and the countryside beyond. For 200 years it was the home of families with such distinguished names as Incledon, Chichester and Bassett. In 1946 a group of local benefactors formed the Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association Ltd and by voluntary subscription raised funds to buy the house in 1948. In 2014 Pilton House Trust replaced Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association, becoming a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
The house is set in beautiful landscaped grounds with lawns, trees and flowering shrubs. It is situated in the heart of the Pilton community and all everyday requirements can be bought locally.
Pilton House provides homely person-centred care for twenty eight people and is administered by a voluntary management committee on a non – profit making basis. We aim for residents to lead a full life in a pleasant and companionable atmosphere.
Apart from the grounds of Pilton House, the residents are fortunate to have their own access to the Rotary Gardens adjoining the Home. Barnstaple town centre is only half a mile away.
Regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission who is the independent regulator of health and social care in England; Pilton House is currently GOOD in all 5 areas of inspection
The Home is in the charge of an experienced Manager, supported by well trained and caring staff on call 24hrs a day.
Our Values: PRIDE IN CARE – Promoting – Rights – Inclusivity – Dignity – Empowerment with Integrity by Nurturing – Compassion – Activity – Respect – Encouragement
Our Mission: Our home is your home – a happy, safe and supportive place for those who live, work & visit here
Our Vision: To provide high quality care and support with passion that promotes choice, diversity, independence and the uniqueness of every individual
Our Safeguarding Pledge
We promise to:
- Listen to you
- Celebrate differences and promote diversity
- Take disclosures seriously regardless of whether they are big or small
- Support you to access supportive services
- Make every effort so that you feel safe in your home or place of work
- Develop positive relationships so that you have the confidence to talk to us
- All staff are trained in Prevent and there are Prevent leads at Pilton House Trust. We have a good understanding of radicalism and extremism. If you wish to make a disclosure or have any concerns, please talk to us
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
- Mental health and wellbeing is important for us all. There is always someone here to talk to. If you are struggling, please come to us so that we can find the best way to support you. You are never on your own
- We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment, intimidation and discrimination. If you see or experience something, please tell us
We train all staff to ensure they are confident in acting on and reporting concerns. Please do not hesitate to speak to any member of staff at any time.
Anti-bullying helpline 0845 225 5787
Childline 0800 1111
Victim support 0845 456 8800
Sexwise 0800 28 29 30
NHS Direct 111
Women’s domestic violence helpline 0161 660 7999
Citizens Advice Bureau 0844 826 9695
Frank 0800 776 600
Care Direct 0345 155 1007
Care Quality Commission 03000 616 161
Devon Adults Safeguarding email@example.com
Meet the Team