Mum is very happy here
Pilton House is situated in the pleasant village of Pilton about half a mile north of Barnstaple in the beautiful North Devon countryside, close to Exmoor and the sea. This spacious Georgian mansion has a south aspect and fine views over Barnstaple and the countryside beyond. For 200 years it was the home of families with such distinguished names as Incledon, Chichester and Bassett. In 1946 a group of local benefactors formed the Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association Ltd and by voluntary subscription raised funds to buy the house in 1948. In 2014 Pilton House Trust replaced Barnstaple Old People’s Housing Association, becoming a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
The house is set in beautiful landscaped grounds with lawns, trees and flowering shrubs. It is situated in the heart of the Pilton community and all everyday requirements can be bought locally.
Pilton House provides homely person-centred care for twenty seven people and is administered by a voluntary management committee on a non – profit making basis. We aim for residents to lead a full life in a pleasant and companionable atmosphere.
Apart from the grounds of Pilton House, the residents are fortunate to have their own access to the Rotary Gardens adjoining the Home. Barnstaple town centre is only half a mile away.
Regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission who is the independent regulator of health and social care in England; Pilton House is currently GOOD in all 5 areas of inspection
The Home is in the charge of an experienced Manager, supported by well trained and caring staff on call 24hrs a day.